Juicy Bacon-and-Egg Cheese Breakfast Burger
Write a review
- 1/3 pound 85% Ground Beef, chilled
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
- Olive oil (to baste burgers)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 slices Bacon, cooked until done but still pliable; drained
- 1-2 teaspoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Arugula
- 1 batch Sriracha-Sour Cream
Ingredients for Sriracha-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- --8 ounces Sour Cream
- --¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Hamburger Bun (gluten-free or with gluten)
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, cheese, a pinch of each salt and pepper. Work with hands to fully incorporate all ingredients. Form patty (or patties if making multiple burgers) and refrigerate until grill is fully heated.
- When grill is heated, baste one side of burger(s) with olive oil and place face down on grill. Close lid. Allow to cook 3 minutes to develop a sear.
- Baste the top of the burger(s) and flip over. Do NOT press down on burgers. Close grill lid and allow to cook an additional 6-8 minutes until juices are running clear (can cut into the top of the burger to ensure cooked to preferred doneness as well). Remove from grill and allow to rest while cooking the fried egg.
Instructions to make Fried Egg
- Heat a large, heavy, cast iron or non-stick skillet heat over medium-high heat and add butter to melt.
- When butter is foaming slightly swirl the pan to spread butter. Crack the egg carefully so as to not break the yolk and gently place in the heated skillet.
- Allow egg to cook until the white is opaque and firm. For Over Easy Egg: Slide the spatula underneath the egg and gently flip to the other side. Allow to cook 30 seconds to one minute or until browned to your liking. For Sunny Side Up Egg: Cover pan and allow yolk to reach your desired consistency. Egg whites can be basted with the pan drippings for additional flavor and color before covering as well. Remove from pan and layer on the burger.
Assembling the Bacon-and-Egg Cheese Breakfast Burger
- Place the hamburger on the bottom of the bun. Add a dollop of Sriracha-Sour Cream, followed by bacon strips, fried egg, arugula and top bun.
Dakota Layers - Your South Dakota Egg http://www.dakotalayers.com/