Easy Eggs Baked in Tomatoes
The savory taste of baked eggs, Parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs makes this breakfast (or brunch!) worthy of waking up for.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (like parsley, thyme, rosemary, or a mixture)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a large, oven-safe skillet with olive oil.
- Using a small paring knife, cut around stems of tomatoes and remove them. Use a spoon to scoop out insides of the tomatoes. (Reserve insides and use them to make tomato sauce or salsa.)
- Arrange tomato shells snugly in the prepared skillet. Crack an egg into each tomato. Top each egg with 1 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake until tomatoes are tender, egg whites are set, and yolks are still a little jiggly, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then garnish with fresh herbs. Serve immediately
Dakota Layers - Your South Dakota Egg http://www.dakotalayers.com/