Crispy Honey Chili Eggs
Write a review
- Eggs- 4 (boiled and quartered)
- Cornflour- 2tbsp + 2tsp+ 1tbsp
- Dry red chillis- 2
- Ginger- 1 small piece (chopped)
- Garlic- 4-5 cloves (chopped)
- Spring onions- 4-5 stalks (chopped)
- Red chilli sauce- 2tbsp
- Soy Sauce- 1/2tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- for deep frying + 2tbsp
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a pan.
- Mix two tablespoon of cornflour with about three tablespoon of water and make a thick batter. Sprinkle about two teaspoons of cornflour over the quartered eggs.
- Now, dip the quartered egg pieces into the batter of cornflour and fry it in the oil till it turns golden brown. Cook on medium flame.
- Once done, transfer the fried eggs to a paper tissue and keep it aside.
- Now heat two tablespoon of oil in another pan and add dry red chillis. Saute for a minute.
- Then add chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for another minute.
- Add the chopped spring onions, red chilli sauce, soy sauce, salt, honey and lemon juice. Mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add the fried egg pieces to it and mix gently.
- Add one tablespoon of cornflour batter and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Once done, transfer the crispy honey chilli eggs to a serving plate and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Dakota Layers - When Freshness Matters http://www.dakotalayers.com/