Easy Egg Salad Lettuce Cups
Egg salad…a super tasty, incredibly satisfying, easy peasy meal that can be eaten on the move, or packed up for a picnic!
Write a review
- Mayo (makes 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup (250ml) light tasting olive oil
- 1 large egg (from the fridge!)
- 1/4 tsp Himilayan salt
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Egg Salad
- Two hard boiled eggs
- 1 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped pickled onions (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped gherkins/pickles
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp mayo (above)
- Pinch of salt to taste and black pepper to taste – may not be necessary if you season your mayo up well!
- To Serve
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Sprouts of choice (I used radish sprouts for both colour, texture and flavour!)
- Add all ingredients for the mayo in to a jar or jug. Let egg settle.
- Use a hand/stick blender and blend for 20 seconds without moving the blender. Slowly move up the jar or jug up to the top of the jar…about 30 seconds later you’ll have creamy mayo!
- Mix together all egg salad ingredients (chopping or mashing the eggs depending on your preference!).
- Serve egg salad in romaine or lettuce wraps of choice topped with sprouts
Dakota Layers - Your South Dakota Egg http://www.dakotalayers.com/