Huevos rancheros make for a spicy start to the day. This delicious dish has a Mexican flair and will give you a healthy kick start to your morning. If you’re craving something tasty and exotic for breakfast, here’s how you can make delicious huevos rancheros for one. The minimal clean-up involved is an added bonus.
Write a review
- Olive Oil
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1/2 cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup “Mexican blend” shredded cheese or cotija cheese
- Hot sauce
- Heat your oil in the pan.
- Cook your eggs how you like them.
- Temporarily transfer the eggs to a plate.
- Heat up the corn tortillas in the pan.
- Sprinkle your cheese of choice onto the tortillas.
- Spoon some salsa of your choice on top of the melted cheese.
- Place your eggs on top of the salsa.
- Spoon some more salsa on top of the egg, and sprinkle on some more cheese.
- Transfer your tortilla with the egg on top to a plate.
- Garnish your huevos rancheros with the avocado cubes, tomatoes, and hot sauce.
Dakota Layers - Your South Dakota Egg http://www.dakotalayers.com/