Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg & Hashbrown Casserole
Imagine fluffy eggs and hash brown potatoes studded with pieces of thick-cut bacon topped with cheddar cheese!
Write a review
- 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 Dakota Layers eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom and top with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.
Dakota Layers - Your South Dakota Egg http://www.dakotalayers.com/