Spicy Egg Muffins
Write a review
- 18 large Eggs
- 1 lb Chorizo
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 medium Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Hot Pepper (whatever is your favorite), diced
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 24 silicone muffin liners on a rimmed baking sheet (or split up onto 2 baking sheets). If not using silicone muffins liners (and it is highly that you do), grease two 12-cup muffin tins with olive oil.
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet until completely cooked through, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Drain out any extra grease.
- Add approximately 1 tsp each of the onion and bell pepper to the bottom of the muffin cups. If you have leftovers, divide them evenly in the cups.
- Divide the chorizo evenly between the 24 muffin cups.
- Beat all the eggs in a large bowl and add salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth, making sure to get all the yolks incorporated.
- Scoop ¼ of the whisked egg into each muffin cup. If there are any leftover eggs, divide evenly or fill up any smaller cups.
- Sprinkle the hot pepper on top of all the muffin cups evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the egg comes out clean.
- Serve hot. If storing these, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or store in the freezer for up to one month. If freezing, it's best to use a FoodSaver bag to prevent frost from accumulating.
Dakota Layers - When Freshness Matters http://www.dakotalayers.com/