Parmesan, Pancetta and Chive Mini Quiche
(1) 14oz pack pie dough (2 doughs)
3 EGGS, large
1/3 cup milk
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup + finely grated parmesan
6 ounces chopped thick cut pancetta
¼ cup freshly chopped chives
small pinch ground nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Unroll pie dough and use a 3 1/2” round cookie cutter to cut 6 discs from each dough.
3. Transfer dough circles to a muffin tin, gently pressing each disc into the sides and edges of the muffin cup.
4. Place a square of parchment or foil inside each shell and fill with bake weights or dried beans.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until top edge of crust is lightly browned.
6. Remove tray from oven and carefully remove the bake weights. (They will be hot!) Return crusts to oven for another 3-5 minutes or until inside of crust has lightly browned.
7. Cool quiche shells completely.
8. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook pancetta until lightly brown and crispy, about 5 minutes, drain fat and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
9. In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper, whisking lightly until just mixed together. Set aside.
10. Once shells have cooled, divide grated parmesan, chives and pancetta evenly between each shell.
11. Pour egg mixture into each shell, filling nearly to the top, and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until centers are firm with a slight wobble.
12. Serve topped with extra parmesan if desired.Back to Recipes
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.