Easter Bunny Carrot Cookies
Time to put your bunny ears on and get into the Easter spirit with some adorable Carrot Cookies that will have you bouncing with joy.
Are you ready for Easter? It's just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with some delicious Carrot Cookies that are sure to put a spring in your step.
- 3 Dakota Layers egg whites, room temperature
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, plus extra if needed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Orange and green food coloring
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer and a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar at a high speed until foamy. Add the powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is glossy and has stiff peaks, adding extra sugar if needed to get a stiff meringue. Add the vanilla.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray them with non-stick spray.
- Divide the mixture – adding orange food color to 2/3rd of the meringue and adding green food color to 1/3rd of the meringue. Put them in separate piping bags. On the baking sheets, with a medium open tip, pipe the orange meringue in the shape of a carrot about 2” long, starting at the base and pulling away from the paper for the tip (you should get about 30).
- With the green meringue and a leaf tip, make 2-3 carrot tops attached to the carrot. Bake both sheets on two racks at 225°F for 40-50 minutes. They should be mostly dry. Turn off the oven and let them cool inside the oven.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.