Egg and Chorizo Tacos
Don’t forget to stretch before you bend the rules on this classic dinner favorite.
- Serve with rice and beans for a new weeknight favorite.
- Try different types of chorizo such as pork or soy for a different taste.
- Add some heat by adding a tablespoon of chipotle sauce to the egg mixture.
An egg and potato stuffed recipe with legs – you can fold them up at the dinner table or take them on the go with you any day of the week.
- 4 large Dakota Layers eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups russet potatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup beef chorizo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 oz cilantro
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo and stir, breaking it up with a large spoon. Add salt and continue stirring until chorizo and potatoes cook thoroughly. Remove from heat and discard any extra grease.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Pour eggs into the skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently stir the eggs across the pan, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking until no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with egg and potato mixture. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a cilantro sprig.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.