Nutcracker's Salted Caramel Pecan Bars
Nutcracker’s Salted Caramel Pecan Bars are a quick and easy recipe that anyone would love to find underneath the tree.
These nutty bunches of joy spread holiday cheer with flavorful ingredients like chopped pecans, caramel candies, light brown sugar and vanilla extract. And once you add the 2 large eggs, you’ll be giving the gift of incredible taste.
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 caramel candies (individually wrapped)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large Dakota Layers eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of kosher or sea salt (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9”x13” baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on the edges for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream together 3/4 cup butter and sugar. Add flour and mix until combined.
- Firmly press mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, add caramels, milk and 2 tablespoons butter. Cook until caramels are smooth and melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually mix in the caramel mixture, then stir in pecans. Pour filling over warm crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until filling is set. Allow to cool completely; then, refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt and serve. Refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.