Peanut Butter Blossoms
These festive cookies are the perfect way to add a touch of holiday magic to your celebrations
These festive cookies are the perfect way to add a touch of holiday magic to your celebrations. As pretty as they are delicious, these cookies will have visions of peanut butter blossoms dancing in your head this holiday season.
- ¼ C (50 g) Granulated Sugar + extra for rolling
- ½ C (100 g) Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ C (113 g) Salted Butter, diced
- ¾ C (85 g) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large Dakota Layers Egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ C (160 g) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 20 Chocolate Kisses
- Christmas Nonpareil Sprinkles, optional
- In a large liquid measuring cup (or microwave safe bowl) add the diced butter and peanut butter. Microwave for 30-40 seconds, or until the butter is melted. Whisk together until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and peanut butter, and the sugars. Whisk until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until the egg is fully incorporated and the mixture is glossy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and use a rubber spatula to fold together until just combined with no streaks of flour remaining.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes to an hour, or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 1 TBSP cookie scoop to portion the cookies and roll them into a ball in your hands. Roll half of the cookies into sugar, and the other half into sprinkles.
- Place 10 cookies on each cookie sheet with a bit of space between as the cookies will spread a bit. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, unwrap the chocolate kisses and make some room in your freezer to place the cookie sheet.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press a chocolate kiss into the center of each one. Then, immediately place the whole cookie sheet into the freezer so that the chocolate doesn’t melt. Remove from the freezer after 10 minutes, then allow the cookies to come to room temperature and enjoy.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.