Dessert - Holiday
Pistachio Crinkle Cookies
A yummy pistachio crinkle cookie to help celebrate the holidays
Prep + Chill Time 2 hours 30 min Cook Time 15 min Total Time 2 hours 45 min
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large Dakota Layers eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 drop green food coloring, if desired
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Place pistachios in a food processor and blend until fine crumbs occur. Sift pistachio crumbs through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl and return any larger crumbs back into the food processor. Repeat process until about 1/2 cup of very fine crumbs occur. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract and pistachio crumbs.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and stir until just combined. Add food coloring, if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place confectioners’ sugar in a shallow bowl. Use a 1 1/2” cookie scoop to form dough into balls. Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, then allow to cool on the cookie sheet slightly before moving to a cooling rack.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.