Red, White, and Blue Deviled Eggs
Here are some eggs that scream freedom. These are sure to be popular at any Fourth of July party. Make coloring the eggs a super fun activity with younger family members.
Show some patriotism with these Fourth of July Favorites
- 1 dozen hard-boiled Dakota Layers eggs
- ¼ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Food coloring (red, white, and blue)
- Cut eggs in half and take out yolks and place them in a medium bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter or fork to break up yolk until it’s super fine.
- Add yogurt, mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whip up with spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture into piping bag filled with a 2D tip.
- Mix 1 cup hot water and 1 teaspoon food coloring and 1 teaspoon vinegar. The vinegar helps the color stay brighter.
- Place egg whites into the colored water and let sit until desired color is achieved about 1-2 minutes.
- Take out egg whites and place on paper towel to allow excess color to drip off.
- Then arrange eggs on platter.
- Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.