Southwest Breakfast Burritos
These southwest breakfast burritos are perfect for a busy day!
Our Southwestern breakfast burritos are not only delicious, but also a lifesaver on those busy mornings.
- 4 large Dakota Layers eggs, beaten
- 8 oz. turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 red OR green bell pepper, diced
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 to 10-inch), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese (4 oz.)
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. pour off all but 1 Tbsp. drippings. add bell pepper; sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. continue cooking—pulling, lifting and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of tortillas, dividing evenly; sprinkle with cheese. fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
Tortillas can be stacked and heated in microwave oven, about 30 seconds.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.