Spooky Vanilla Ghost Meringue Cookies
Sweet and simple addition to your haunted, Halloween festivities!
Eggs are the essential ingredient to all your fall baking. And making hard meringue cookies is easier than you think!
- 4 large Dakota Layers eggs
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 50 chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy over medium speed, about 1 minute.
3. With the mixer on medium speed, gradually add sugar, 1 spoonful at a time, beating for 15-30 seconds between each addition. When all sugar has been added, increase speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
4. Beat in vanilla bean seeds. Transfer meringue to a large piping bag fitted with a round tip.
5. Place a dot of meringue underneath all 4 corners of parchment paper so it adheres to the baking sheet. Create meringue ghosts by piping 3 circular forms one on top of the other, like a snowman. Gently press chocolate chips “eyes” into meringues.
6. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to continue to dry in the oven for a few hours, or up to overnight.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.