Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancake Poppers
A bite-sized way of enjoying this breakfast staple that is arguably way more fun to eat. Invite younger family members to help with mixing ingredients together for Sunday morning fun.
Whip up these adorable cake pancake poppers and enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce. This recipe was developed for the Egg Nutrition Center by Stacy Mattinson, RD.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large Dakota Layers egg
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a cake ball pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter into each cake ball cup. Bake for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining batter. Recipe makes approximately 40 pancake poppers.
Check Out Our Blog
Not every blog is all it's cracked up to be, but ours is.